Newbold CE Primary School Governing Board
NCS Governing Board Objectives
The Governors form the school's accountable body. We are responsible for the conduct of the school and for promoting high standards. Our Governing body aims to ensure that children are attending a successful school that provides them with a good education and supports their wellbeing.
At Newbold Church School our governing body comprises of representatives from the Trustees of the school, St John's Church, parents and staff. Its duties include:
- Setting strategic direction, policies and objectives
- The school budget
- Reviewing progress against the school's budget and objectives
- Appointing, challenging and supporting the headteacher
The Governing Body is made up of fourteen members
|9 Trust Governors||1 Ex Officio||2 Parent Governors||1 Headteacher||1 Staff Governor||Clerk to the Governing Board|
|Matt Loader (Chair)||Revd Rhoda Blackwell||Sarah Barden||Kerry Marsh||Kimberley Passarelli||Joanne Brown|
|Georgina Cooper (Vice Chair)||Vacancy|
Recent Ex Governors
- Pam Lister - Parent / Foundation up to 31/8/2023
- Joy France - Parent / Foundation (01/02/2017 - 08/02/2022)
- Stephanie Parkes - Trust/Foundation (01/06/2015 - 26/09/2022)
- Christian Burrows (01/09/2018 - 31/08/2022)
The Board of Governors is divided into two sub-committees:
Personnel & Resources Committee
- Responsible for all aspects of staffing, school policies, admissions, recruitment, discipline and grievance.
- Terms of reference for Personnel Committee
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the school budget and finances. It also monitors all aspects of health & safety and the maintenance of the school buildings
- Terms of reference for Resources Committee
Teaching & Learning Committee
This committee oversees all aspects of teaching and learning within the school. This includes pupil achievement, behaviour and welfare, attendance, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Terms of reference for Teaching & Learning Committee
Each governor is linked to an area of the curriculum via the staff subject leader and there is also a governor specifically linked to the teaching of children with special educational needs.
The governors serve for a minimum of 4 years and some have served for much longer! Governors meet officially once every half-term for a Full Governing Body Meeting. Sub committees also meet at least once per half-term.
The minutes of the meeting are public documents and are available from the Clerk to Governors.
Governors are happy to deal with enquiries or concerns from parents in conjunction with the headteacher and within a strict code of confidentially. This can be made via the Clerk to Governors at the school office, via email, or informally via any of the governors in person - some of whom are regularly at the school gates.
Governors are not all educational experts but do endeavour to provide an independent view and common sense approach. They continually strive to uphold the schools vision and values in which children can learn and flourish in a safe, happy and Christian environment where every child is respected as an individual.
More information about the Governors at Newbold C of E Primary School is available below:
- Governance Structure
- Governor Attendance Stats 2022-23
- Governor Attendance Stats 2023-24
- Scheme of Delegation
If you would like more information on becoming a Governor at the school please contact the Clerk to Governors Joanne Brown on 01246232370.