"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it"
Marian Wright Edelman
Latest School Calendar Events
- Half Term Holiday16Feb2019
12:00 am - 24 feb, 1:00 am
- Guitar Lessons20Feb2019
12:15 pm - 2:30 pm
- Discovery Zone21Feb2019
3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
Don't forget to book your place!
Newbold Church School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by;
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
- Encouraging self -esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment.
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At Newbold Church School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse.
For more information about keeping children safe click here.
Nurture, Cherish, Succeed News
- Consultation on extending the school age range at Newbold CE Primary School to include provision for three-year-old children
Premier League Primary Stars!
Over the past 6 weeks the children in year 3 have been working with Mr Jackson, from Chesterfield FC Community Trust, to undertake the Premier League Primary Stars Programme in PE lessons. Premier League Primary Stars is a unique and exciting education programme designed to help children reach their goals and up skill teachers. They all have great fun, and as well as learning new sports they have learnt-
- They need to keep going until they get it right
- When they are a team, it's easier to do things but it also challenges them
- Everybody deserves to be included.