The Nest @ NCS
The Nest @ NCS, which opened January 5th 2021, offers 26 places with 15 hours funded sessions for three year olds. *Three year olds are eligible to join our Nursery the term after they turn three.
We currently have nursery places available, so please contact us on 01246 232370 if you want to reserve a space or would like to book an appointment to view.
What is my child’s entitlement?
All children are entitled to up to 15 hours of funded universal nursery provision from the term after they turn three.
How long are the Nursery sessions?
Sessions last for 3 hours, currently we are mornings only (9:00 -12:00)
Places for Rising 3’s
- In circumstances where a child has reached the age of 3, but not yet passed the beginning of the term following their third birthday, The Nest may be able to offer a place for the child as a ‘Rising 3’.
- Rising 3 places are subject to availability, and cannot take the Nursery past the registered 26 places.
- Places as a Rising 3 can be offered by The Nest where parents feel their child is ready to access a nursery provision. These are limited to a maximum of 15 hours.
- Should the number of requests for Rising 3 places exceed the number of places available in the nursery, the oversubscription criteria (Point 5) will apply.
- Places will be prioritised for children who have passed the beginning of the term following their third birthday before being offered to Rising 3’s.
- Parents of children classed as ‘Rising 3’ – i.e. above the age of 3 but before the term of their third birthday, may be eligible for government funding. Parents should check their own availability for the scheme by using the Governments Childcare Choices Website or Childcare Calculator. If parents are eligible they will be directed to the digital childcare service to apply.
- If eligible, parents must provide the school with their unique code to confirm they are eligible for the scheme.
- Where parents are not eligible The Nest is able to offer Rising 3 provision at a cost of £4 per hour, (£12 per session), to a maximum of 15 hours per week. Information relating to the payment of Nursery fees can be found in The Nest Fees Policy.
The Nest Admissions Policy
The Nest Fees Policy
BUILDING THE NURSERY
Many thanks to The Qube for building our brand new nursery!
COMING UP WITH THE NAME
Just after we started to build our nursery, we asked parents, carers, pupils and friends of the school to come up with a name for our nursery as we wanted our school community to be involved in creating a little piece of Newbold history. We were searching for a creative name which reflects what we stand for as a school and what we think the nursery will provide. It was a very tough decision and we'd like to thank everyone who made a suggestion but after lots of thought, staff at NCS decided the new nursery name would be 'The Nest' which was suggested by Lara in Y3. Below, Lara poses with the nursery building.
Children learn best when they are enjoying themselves and when they feel safe and valued. In our
Careful planning of the curriculum ensures we provide a broad and balanced programme of development to extend the children’s learning, to promote awe and wonder and meet the needs of all our individual children. Activities are planned to enhance children’s speech, language and communication skills and help them learn how to make friends and to share and take turns.
Our Outdoor Area offers what indoors cannot, complementing and extending provision indoors. We are fortunate to have an inspiring outdoor area for children to explore. It is a place where children can choose, create, change and be in charge of their play environment. The outdoor area is a place of challenge and creativity where the children can develop their gross motor movements through running, spinning and climbing, they can act out stories, concoct their own recipes and potions in the mud kitchen, make dens and let their imagination fly.