Y1 Snow Day Activities
Good morning Year 1, I hope you all enjoy your day in the snow. Here are some activities for you to do today...
1. The usual MyMaths homework has been set looking at numbers up to 50. There are also some games on the MyMaths website that you can play.
2. Write a description of the snow. Use these sentence starters...
The snow is...
The snow looks...
The snow feels...
3. Practise writing letters and numbers in the snow.
4.After you have been out in the cold, snuggle up with a warm drink and read with an adult.
5. Most of all, have lots of fun in the snow!
Y2 Snow Day Activities
Good morning everybody! Here are some activities for you to spend some time on today...
.1. Complete your paper Maths homework. We have covered everything so you should be able to have a go yourself!
2. Log into TT Rockstars and practise your 10, 5, 2 and 3 times table. If your focus times table is your 4s then please concentrate on these!
4. It would be amazing to see a short piece of diary writing explaining how you spent your snow day!
5. Play some of the MyMaths games on the website!
I hope you all have a wonderful snowy day! See you next week.
Y3 Snow Day Activities
Just a few activities for you to do.
- Go on TTRockstars and try and improve your time.
- Go on Hit the Button and practise the time table you are working on.
- Complete the My Maths activity.
- Write a paragraph about the scene outside your window. Remember to use your senses in your writing What can you see, hear, smell, taste and touch? Try and add expanded noun phrases, alliterations and similes.
- Have fun in the snow. Make a snowman, snow angels and have a snowball fight. Send photos through to my email address and we will share them when we are back in school.
Y4 Snow Day Activities
Hello Year 4 - well, just look at all of this snow! I bet there are some excited faces looking out of the windows this morning! I hope that you all enjoy this 'Snow Day' and here are some activities that you can have a go at today:
- On My Maths I have set homework and you could also log in to TTRS and do some times tables practice as well. Times tables practice is always a good idea for anyone!
- Snuggle up and read for a while - get a grown up to sign your reading record towards this term's reading challenge.
- Write a snow poem, a diary entry of your snow day or a description of your garden/view outside your window on this beautiful, snowy day.
- And last but not least, have some fun!!! Get outside and play in the snow and make some snow day memories.
Take care everyone X
Updated August 2023
Y5 Snow Day Activities
Hello Year 5! Hope you are all cosy inside, with plans to go and enjoy the snow later!
Today you can have a go at the following-
- Outside in the snow build a snow creature. Have a go at writing a descriptive paragraph using lots of wow words!
- Write a free verse poem about what you have done or would like to do in the snow
- Maths - log in to TT rockstars and test your 9 times table.
- Snuggle up with a good book
- 'Just be' in the snow !!
Y6 Snow Day Activities
- Spend some time on TT Rockstars and see if you can get quicker at answering the questions. Challenge yourself to beat your previous score.
- Follow the link to MyMaths and complete the set activities - don't forget to complete the lesson before attempting the questions. Home - MyMaths
- Write a short diary extract about how you felt when you opened your eyes this morning and realised so much snow had fallen over night.
- FINALLY, and most importantly, take the opportunity to spend time outside enjoying the snow and making memories. Take lots of pictures of the fun that you have.