"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it"
Marian Wright Edelman
Latest School Calendar Events
- EYFS Group A - End of term get together20Jul2020
9:30 am - 10:30 am @ School Field (weather permitting)
EYFS GROUP A - your child's class teacher will have emailed you to let you know which group your child is in (A or B).
- EYFS Group B - End of term get together20Jul2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm @ School Field (weather permitting)
EYFS Group B - your child's class teacher will have emailed you to let you know which group your child is in (A or B)
- YEAR 6 Group A - End of term get together20Jul2020
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm @ School Field (weather permitting)
YEAR 6 Group A - your child's teacher will have emailed you to let you know which group your child is in (A or B).
Newbold Church School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by;
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
- Encouraging self -esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment.
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At Newbold Church School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse.
The designated lead for safeguarding at Newbold Church School is Mrs Kerry Marsh.
The Deputy Designated Lead for Safeguarding at Newbold Church School is Mrs Helen Burn.
Please click here to view the Newbold Church School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Both members of staff can be contacted at school on 01246 232370, or by email via info@newbold-pri.Derbyshire.sch.uk - FAO DSL
For more information about keeping children safe click here.
Follow us on twitter and facebook...
Click here for Coronavirus lockdown support.
- Consultation on extending the school age range at Newbold CE Primary School to include provision for three-year-old children
- A letter has been given out to all children today informing you of a change of school uniform supplier for Newbold Church School. Our new supplier is Pinders Schoolwear based in Sheffield.
Fun FRIDAY Articles
All of our FUN FRIDAY articles can be found on the 'Newsletter' section on School Jotter. also head over to our facebook and twitter pages (@Newboldcofe) to see all of the photo entries!
The Government is closely monitoring the spread of Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
Newbold Church School receives daily updates from the Department For Education, advising schools regarding actions that should be taken to ensure the safety of our pupils.
The current advice is that schools should close to all pupils, other than those identified as eligible to attend as children of Key Workers, or those who are classed as Vulnerable Children. .
For more information and headteacher updates please click here
Newbold Church School loves Reading!
On 5th March 2020 the school celebrated world book day. Children across all age groups came to school dressed as a character from a book, and many shared their books with the children in their classes. parents joined us to read as the school opened at 8.45, and were invited to a coffee afternoon to share in our joy of reading during the afternoon. A huge thank-you to all the parents and friends who have supported us in celebrating the endless possibility found in a book!!