"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it"
Marian Wright Edelman
Latest School Calendar Events
There are currently no events.
Newbold Church School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by;
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
- Encouraging self -esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment.
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At Newbold Church School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse.
The designated lead for safeguarding at Newbold Church School is Mrs Kerry Marsh.
The Deputy Designated Lead for Safeguarding at Newbold Church School is Mrs Helen Burn.
Please click here to view the Newbold Church School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Both members of staff can be contacted at school on 01246 232370, or by email via info@newbold-pri.Derbyshire.sch.uk - FAO DSL
For more information about keeping children safe click here.
NEWBOLD CHURCH SCHOOL IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO ALL PUPILS OTHER THAN THOSE CLASSED AS VULNERABLE OR CHILDREN OF KEY WORKERS. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Consultation on extending the school age range at Newbold CE Primary School to include provision for three-year-old children
- A letter has been given out to all children today informing you of a change of school uniform supplier for Newbold Church School. Our new supplier is Pinders Schoolwear based in Sheffield.
The Government is closely monitoring the spread of Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
Newbold Church School receives daily updates from the Department For Education, advising schools regarding actions that should be taken to ensure the safety of our pupils.
The current advice is that schools should close to all pupils, other than those identified as eligible to attend as children of Key Workers, or those who are classed as Vulnerable Children. .
Newbold Church School loves Reading!
On 5th March 2020 the school celebrated world book day. Children across all age groups came to school dressed as a character from a book, and many shared their books with the children in their classes. parents joined us to read as the school opened at 8.45, and were invited to a coffee afternoon to share in our joy of reading during the afternoon. A huge thank-you to all the parents and friends who have supported us in celebrating the endless possibility found in a book!!