The Nest @ NCS - Admissions
When can my child start at The Nest?
We admit children 3 times per year:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: the start of term beginning on or following 1st April after the child’s third birthday;
- Children born in the period 1st April to 31st August: the start of term beginning on or following 1st September after the child’s third birthday;
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: the start of term beginning on or following 1st January after the child’s third birthday.
Admission dates for The Nest @ NCS
Start date at our Nursery Child's date of birth
January 2021 1st April 2017 - 31st December 2017
After Easter break 2021 1st January 2018 - 31st March 2018
September 2021 1st April 2018 - 31st August 2018
Please contact the school office for more information and a registration form.
If you would like to visit the Nursery or would like to find out more information, please contact the school office on 01246 232370 who will be happy to make you an appointment.
What is my child’s entitlement?
All children are entitled to up to 15 hours of funded universal nursery provision from the term after they turn three.
How long are the nursery sessions?
Sessions last for 3 hours, currently we are only doing morning sessions (9:00-12:00)
Places for Rising 3’s
- In circumstances where a child has reached the age of 3, but not yet passed the beginning of the term following their third birthday, The Nest may be able to offer a place for the child as a ‘Rising 3’.
- Rising 3 places are subject to availability, and cannot take the Nursery past the registered 26 places.
- Places as a Rising 3 can be offered by The Nest where parents feel their child is ready to access a nursery provision. These are limited to a maximum of 15 hours.
- Should the number of requests for Rising 3 places exceed the number of places available in the nursery, the oversubscription criteria (Point 5 of the Admissions policy ) will apply.
- Places will be prioritised for children who have passed the beginning of the term following their third birthday before being offered to Rising 3’s.
- Parents of children classed as ‘Rising 3’ – i.e. above the age of 3 but before the term of their third birthday, may be eligible for government funding. Parents should check their own availability for the scheme by using the Governments Childcare Choices Website or Childcare Calculator. If parents are eligible they will be directed to the digital childcare service to apply.
- If eligible, parents must provide the school with their unique code to confirm they are eligible for the scheme.
- Where parents are not eligible The Nest is able to offer Rising 3 provision at a cost of £4 per hour, (£12 per session), to a maximum of 15 hours per week. Information relating to the payment of Nursery fees can be found in The Nest Fees Policy.