The Nest @ NCS
Miss M Smith EYFS Lead and Nursery Teacher
Mrs N Gautrey Teaching Assistant
Mrs R Hardie Teaching Assistant
Mrs F Shannon Teaching Assistant
Miss H James Apprentice
Your child's key worker is displayed on the staff notice board in the cloakroom area.
Key worker role
In order to ensure every child in the nursery is given the appropriate level of attention and care, a key person is appointed for each child. A key person is a named member of staff assigned to an individual child to support their development. The key person has special responsibilities for working with a small number of children and helps build and develop positive relationships with children and between parents, carers and staff.
Management of Key Person
All staff working in the nursery are required to assume key carer responsibilities.
Miss Smith will have an overview of all the children and monitor children’s records of development and learning under the EYFS and ensure they are updated regularly and to an appropriate standard.
The role of the Key worker:
- To build a trusting relationship with the child and their parent/carer.
- To ensure the happiness and welfare of the child within a stimulating and safe environment.
- To ensure a smooth settling in procedure for all key children both into the nursery and ultimately into school.
Miss Smith, with the support of the staff will:
- Collect all relevant information about key children’s specific needs from the parent/carer
- Inform management of any issues/requirements related to the child.
- Plan and provide a range of stimulating and age appropriate activities for key children to assist with their learning and progression.
- Continually assess key children and relate the assessment to EYFS planning.
Updated August 2023