Ofsted Inspection Report - 15 / 16 November 2022
The school received an inspection visit from a team of inspectors from Ofsted. The report is now available to view on the school website at Nurture, Cherish, Succeed - Welcome (newboldchurchschool.co.uk). Alternatively, parents can pop into the school office and request a paper copy.
Over the course of the 2-day inspection, the inspectors carried out deep dives in reading, English, mathematics, history, music, and design and technology. Inspectors discussed the curriculum with subject leaders, visited lessons, spoke to teachers and pupils, and looked at samples of pupils’ work. Inspectors met with the headteacher, curriculum leaders and a sample of teaching and support staff and leaders responsible for the early years, pupils with SEND, disadvantaged pupils, behaviour, attendance and personal development. Inspectors also examined a range of school documents, including leaders’ self-evaluation, improvement plans, records of governance, and documentation relating to attendance and pupils’ behaviour. Additionally, inspectors considered the responses to Ofsted’s online questionnaire, Ofsted Parent View, and considered the results of the Ofsted staff survey.
I am pleased and proud to be able to inform you that Newbold Church School received the following gradings:
Overall effectiveness Good The quality of education Good
Behaviour and attitudes Good Personal development Good
Leadership and management Good Early years provision Good
The report gives further information about the strengths of the school, including:
- Pupils feel happy and secure. They know that staff are on hand to help them resolve any worries. As one pupil said, ‘Everyone at Newbold is here to help and that makes me feel safe.’ The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- The ethos ‘Nurture, Cherish, Succeed’ is at the heart of Newbold Church School. Pupils know that these values are about being caring, respectful and ambitious.
- Staff have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour.
- Children in the early years get off to a good start.
- Teachers have good subject knowledge.
We are delighted to share our latest Ofsted report and are incredibly proud of all the hard work that has led to this.